Last meeting we enjoyed a Beer 101 with Evan Price of Noble Ale Works and Jarred Dooley of Playground!
We tasted the Hangar 24 Helles Lager, Stone Brewing Co’s Vanilla Smoked Porter, Noble Ale Works Citra Showers Double IPA and Craftsman Stonefruit Sour.
Here are some tips to follow for pouring beer:
- Use a clean room temperature glass – this is the most important step!
- Turn glass to a 45degree angle and keep the rim of the glass 1-1.5 inches away from the tap
- Open faucet completely, pull from the base
- Slowly turn glass upright as the beer fills
- Make sure you have 1-2 finger widths of head, consider it the “garnish” for you beer, it’s where all the aromatic qualities are found.
An exciting announcement was made, The Mixing Glass is now open at the OC Mart Mix! Check it out for all your bar tool needs, there is also an area where you can taste-test bitters and try before you buy!
Congratulations to all our members that took their BarSmarts Advanced test on Monday, from all accounts you guys did an amazing job and had a lot of fun!
Our next meeting will be on Monday, February 3rd at 7pm. We are lucky to have Alex Straus bringing the newly launched Ancho Reyes Ancho Chile Liqueur as well as Pierde Almas Mezcal and Tequila Ocho! To help maintain quality of service, presentation, space, food and drink we are limiting the capacity to 50 and must insist on RSVPs. Please get your RSVP in early and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re planning on attending, let us know if something comes up so we can make your spot available to someone else if you can’t make it. The meeting location will be emailed to the first 50 responders.